This position is located in Indian Springs, NV.
Supports operations and maintenance of one or more of the following systems: TOSS, Ground Radar, Threat Simulators/Systems, Link 16, DTS, HSMT, NavAids, and/or other systems as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Performs routine and complex preventive and remedial maintenance on assigned Range systems and other associated electronic equipment to the component level, as well as troubleshooting complex problems and providing guidance to other technicians as required.
The equipment includes, but is not limited to, electronic transmitting and receiving equipment, digital and analog circuits and computers, industrial measuring and controlling equipment, microwave amplifiers and transmission lines, high voltage power supplies
and keying circuits, indicators and displays, and camera/antenna positioning systems.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment operations.
3. Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals, technical orders, or similar documents.
4. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence and in selecting tools and testing instruments.
5. Receives technical guidance as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician and work is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices.
6. Performs basic fabrication and/or installation tasks for the construction of mechanical and electronic assemblies for electronic equipment using detailed technical documentation, data and procedures.
7. Operates assigned electronic equipment and Range systems in accordance with detailed operating instructions.
8. Prepares and maintains accurate maintenance management and operations documentation.
Other Related Duties:
May provide technical guidance to lower level technicians. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for this Position:
High school graduate or high school equivalency. Graduate from an accredited two-year technical school with courses in Math, Basic Electronics, and Microwave Theory or military equivalent with emphasis on COMM or R.F. disciplines. At least 4 years of hands on experience as a Technician operating and maintaining digital and analog electronic equipment resulting in an in-depth knowledge of systems theory of operation. Must have a good understanding of electronics theory and test equipment used for maintenance and repair of various equipment. Ability to troubleshoot to the component level and make needed repairs.
Must be able to obtain and maintain the necessary government security clearance.
Desired qualifications are: Associates Degree in electronics engineering or equivalent work related experience. Advanced knowledge of electronic test equipment used for preventive and remedial maintenance; e.g., oscilloscope, vector scope, volt-ohm meters, frequency counters and generators, logic analyzers/emulators computers and waveform monitors The ability to perform maintenance, operations and preventive maintenance as required, using the applicable test equipment. The ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly. Perform other related duties as required. Must demonstrate expertise and initiative in daily activities and display a professional attitude towards customers and fellow employees at all times.
Work Environment, Physical and Mental Demands:
Must be able to work in a field environment with work at remote locations. Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders, towers and equipment to a minimum of 50 feet. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license. Must have strong computer and organizational skills. The ability to read and understand English. The ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via two-way radio. The ability to travel as required by the company. Ability to work odd shifts, long hours, weekends, holidays, changing shifts, and overtime. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members and those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Arcata Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.