Arcata is currently looking for qualified Operations Research Analyst (ORSA) interested in providing Joint Test & Evaluation (JT&E) support to the US Air Force Warfare Center for a Joint Test (JT). The Joint HyperSonic Strike Planning and Execution Command
and Control (J-HyperSPEC2) JT is chartered to develop, test, and evaluate command and control concept of operations, including authorities, planning, and force management, for hypersonic weapons spanning operational and strategic levels of war. Under general
supervision, is responsible for operations research and systems analysis in support of JT&E, including data collection and analysis planning, test issue resolution, post-test data analysis, and report preparation and production. Analyze operational test activities
and use advanced knowledge of mathematics, statistical, and engineering methods in determining solutions to complex problems. Develop and refine data collection and analysis methodologies to ensure all test data collected is of sufficient quantity, quality,
and relevancy to meet test objectives. Maintain responsibility of detailed problem statement, test issues, sub-issues and measures, and reports any requirement for modifications.. May perform as a task lead on assignments of moderate scope.
- Performs a variety of analyses of technical engineering data. Interprets the data, verifies product documentation, designs, layouts or drawings for adequacy and reliability.
- Develops, documents and recommends solutions or improvements for technical engineering problems of moderate scope.
- Researches and prepares draft and/or finished engineering presentations, reports, process studies or technical information used for such things as program reviews, design reviews and proposal activities.
- Initiates, develops and maintains active interfaces and coordination/exchange of technical information among multi-disciplined engineering groups, subcontractors and/or the customer. May assist in delivering presentations to management and/or the customer.
- Analyzes, develops and maintains technical databases and supportive engineering systems.
- Performing work in this job’s occupational field requires the application of complex, technical professional disciplines requiring a four-year degree or equivalent and the extensive, applied use of related concepts, practices and methods.
- In relation to other jobs in the same function, this job requires an intermediate level of proficiency to work on assignments of standard difficulty.
- The primary or most necessary skills required for this job are analytical skills. Other important skills include verbal and written communication skills and computer skills.
- Minimum 3 years' ORSA, Statistics, and Test and Evaluation experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience serving on joint test and/or quick reaction test projects or similar test and evaluation experience
- Prior experience with test design to include design of experiments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills supporting a team of diverse subject matter experts
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications and related DOT&E analysis tools
Candidate must possess a current TOP SECRET with SCI eligibility Required Education
- This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and two or more years work related experience or a Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline.
Arcata Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.