Arcata Associates, Inc. has an opportunity at Dugway Proving Ground, Utah for an Electronics Technician II on the J-Tech Contract. The Electronics Technician II will support the activities of the Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR).
The Electronics Technician II will support operations and maintenance of the Multiple Threat Emitter System (MUTES) and the Joint Threat Emitter (JTE), and supports RF (radar frequency) threat simulations for test missions using legacy RF simulators.
The Electronics Technician II will:
1. Perform routine to complex preventive and remedial maintenance on assigned systems and associated electronic equipment to the component level. Repair complex equipment failures, providing guidance to lower level technicians as required. Equipment operated and maintained includes, but is not limited to, high power electronic transmitting and receiving equipment, digital and analog circuits and computers, industrial measuring and controlling equipment, microwave amplifiers and transmissions lines, high voltage power supplies and keying circuits, indicators and displays, and camera/antenna positioning systems.
2. Perform basic fabrication and/or installation tasks for the construction of mechanical and electronic assemblies for electronic equipment using detailed technical documentation, data and procedures. Provide hardware fabrication, installation, integration, test and checkout of threat equipment and systems.
3. Install, operate, set up and launch Smokey Sam launchers and rockets to meet mission requirements.
4. Operate and maintain the threat systems, subsystems and ancillary support units.
5. Track and input all maintenance and property management information in Maximo and the Standard Base Supply System (SBSS).
6. Maintain operational logs and mission summary reports, and enter status, repair and utilization information in the required AF equipment tracking systems.
7. Construct and fabricate targets, reflectors and aim points. Service and repair infrared targets as necessary.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as required by management to include supporting other work centers during surges. This may include cross training into other function areas to meet overall contract performance objectives.
Education: High School graduate or High School equivalency. Graduate from an accredited two-year technical school with courses in Math, Basic Electronics, and Microwave Theory or military equivalent training with emphasis on Comm or RF disciplines.
Experience: At least four years of hands-on experience as a technician operating and maintaining digital and analog equipment resulting in an in-depth knowledge of systems theory of operation.
In-depth knowledge of: Electronics theory and the test equipment used for maintenance and repair of equipment with the proven ability to troubleshoot to the component level and make repairs.
Ability to: Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; Establish and maintain successful work relationships with those contacted in the performance of this position; Analyze data, resolve problems and make decisions independently; Work in a team environment; Work under deadlines; Use a computer to input and retrieve information and data; Perform work in an ISO compliant/certified environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for this Position:
• Computer system literacy. Intermedidate Level Computer Networking Skills.
• Prior knowledge of the Standard Base Supply System preferred, but not required.
• Ability to read, write and understand English
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Secret Security Clearance.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical and Mental Demands:
Range environment with work at remote locations, prolonged sitting while using the computer and the telephone, constant use of sight abilities, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness. Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. unassisted, climb ladders, towers and equipment to a minimum height of 50 feet. Ability to work extended and flexible hours including weekends. Travel as required by the Company.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Arcata Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug free environment.
To apply for this opportunity please visit the Careers section on the Arcata website at http://arcataassociates.com.
Arcata Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.