Performs Maintenance on assigned Joint Data Network (JDN) /Link 16 equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance on Battle Command Control Communications (BC3) equipment, Multi-Source Correlator Tracker (MSCT) and Air Defense System Interrogator (ADSI) equipment.
· The Joint Data Link Network Administrator (JDNA) is responsible to the Joint Interface Control Cell (JICC) watch officer, Joint Data Link Network Operations Officer (JDNO) and Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) for all system administration matters
for the JICC computer systems. The JDNA will coordinate with the appropriate computer activities and units to resolve all computer support issues for the JICC computers.
· Will assist the JDNO and JICO with the maintenance of the JDN. Assists in the design, development, modification and analysis of Data link (Link-16/Situational Awareness Data Link) hardware devices and/or systems.
· Diagnoses malfunctions in new and existing systems; makes improvements or modifications to produce desired results.
· Works closely with project management, other engineering disciplines, configuration management, quality assurance and operations support in the design and deployment of systems or enhancements.
· Performs system administration duties, including networking on Unix/Linux equipment.
· Performs upgrades and installations to Windows XP/ Windows 7 equipment.
· Performs Link 16 operations at a minimum of Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) 101 levels
· Performs Link 16 network trouble shooting including Joint Range Extension administrator duties
· Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment.
· Supervise and leads section on daily tasks, sets manning schedules and directs as needed to accomplish the mission and other task as required
· Train new users on unique mission support equipment
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as required, including:
Follows Crypto/COMSEC and IA procedures
Perform custodian responsible for CA/CRL Accounts
Works with Secure Telephone Equipment data/voice procedures
Performs setup and operations of Compunetix radio equipment Qualifications:
Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance and be eligible for SCI
Knowledge of general network administration, troubleshooting, and repair
Minimum of 3 years with Tactical Data Link/BC3/MSCT experience to include patching in upgrades and software/hardware troubleshooting
Knowledge of Link 16 operations at a minimum of JTIDS 101
AJOC (JT-310) course completion highly recommended/desired.
At least four years of applicable Data Link experience.
Knowledge of router/switch configuration, wire maintenance and computer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting required.
Security + Certification (will need to attain, if candidate does not currently hold, within six months of position acceptance).
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences is desired Experience: In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a combination of formal education and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree is desired. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for this Position:
Hardware and software troubleshooting
Posses a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be able to travel to remote locations
Able to lift up to 50 lbs Core Competencies:
Network administration; Tactical Data Link familiarity; Computer Science background
Work Environment, Physical and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, prolonged sitting while using the computer and the telephone, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness.
Project demands may require travel to Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) locations by air or Government vehicle. Possible occasional exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions for prolonged periods, travel over rough roads, and work on uneven surfaces
in an outdoor environment. The noise level on the NTTR varies from quiet to moderately noisy. Must be willing to comply with all safety and security requirements and procedures.
Arcata Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.