Logistics Supervisor – RSS II
Purpose and Scope:
Supervises and coordinates operations of Vehicle Maintenance, Vehicle Operations, Logistics Computer Operations, Supply Customer Service, Maintenance Support, Centralized Storage, Decentralized Material, Inbound/ Outbound Shipment, Inspection, Inventory, Aircraft
Parts Store, Flight Service Center, Individual Protective Equipment and Mobility Readiness Spare Parts Kits.
- Coordinate and manage the use and operations of vehicles by evaluating their care and maintenance, determining operational requirements for using vehicles and developing policies regarding vehicle misuse.
- Arrange contingency transportation support with outside agencies and other military branches.
- Manage staff and resources for the entire Logistics function.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and operations; developing life cycle cost analysis of projects or performing cost benefit or economic evaluations of current or projected programs; or that involved other work related to management and
- Participate with the customer to assist in supporting the strategic direction of the logistics department.
- Act as the company liaison with other contractors and the customer for planning, implementing and coordinating logistics initiatives.
- Facilitate process improvement activities; such as Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and other continuous process improvement strategies; leading complex process improvement projects, including defining the customer’s critical factors.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Must have a working knowledge of Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) and Integrated Logistics System-Supply (ILS-S) processes, and procedures.
- Must be familiar with procedural Air Force requirements AFI 23-101, AFMAN 23-122 and AFH 23-123, AFMAN 23-203, ILS-S User’s Manual, AFI 25-2501, AFI 10-403, DoD MANUAL 4140.27, VOLUME 1 and various Technical Manuals used to manage assets.
- Should be skilled in management principles and processes, application of fact finding and investigative techniques, analytical and evaluative methods for assessing program development or execution and improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as transportation or logistics, or equivalent applicable work experience in the AF Logistics functions, is preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience with a proven track record in scheduling and managing others.
- Must possess and maintain a Secret level security clearance.
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Occasional lifting to 15 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing
skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Arcata Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.