1. Serves as the central interface between engineering teams, customers, and vendors to plan and execute efforts that upgrade, replace, and deploy new systems or capabilities to support Air Force pilot training.
· Work with customers and project engineers to develop scope for an effort that will be managed as a project using Microsoft Project Server
· Develop detailed project schedules, establish critical path
· Determine stakeholders and request resource requirements
· Develop vendor sub-contracts, perform vendor management functions
· Provide single point of contact for Government, vendors and the Company for all project matters
· Ensures Systems Engineering Processes are being followed.
· Develop, review, and approve project documentation that includes requirements, implementation, and testing
· Establish, execute, and report on project budget
· Establish and Manage project risks
· Track project deliverables and performance
· Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure applicable requirements such as safety, security, and property are addressed
· Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
Annotate lessons learned and archive project data
Create, evaluate, and distribute reports and resolve anomalies or issues with project data
· Ensure project closure and successful transition of product to O&M
· Overnight travel to remote site and vendor facilities is required. Field integration trips can occur on a weekly basis
2. Follow Company and Government processes and procedures as required maintaining accountability and responsibility for project schedule, budget, and requirements to deliver projects on time meeting required budget
3. Use established policies, procedures, and subject matter knowledge to complete assignments of high complexity that vary in nature and sequence.
Other Related Duties:
Perform other related tasks as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
Minimum 3 years’ experience performing project management in an Engineering or other technical environment
Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
Proficiency in Microsoft Project
Knowledge/experience of electronic warfare and simulator systems that represent air defense systems
Knowledge/experience of telecommunications, data transport, and data processing systems
Knowledge/experience of cyber security
Knowledge/experience of radar systems
PMP certification required within six months of hire.
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills that can manage stressful environments. The ability to communicate, follow-up, and resolve problems are critical to this position. Attention to detail and thoroughness are required behaviors. Ability to learn technical attributes and understand concept of operation, maintenance, and sustainment for those systems/equipment deployed/upgraded as part of a project.
Must be proficient in Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
Understands Systems Engineering methodology
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, prolonged sitting while using the computer and the telephone, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness. Periodic trips, which include overnight, to remote sites or vendor facilities will be required to support on acceptance testing, site implementation planning and oversight. Occasional lifting required not to exceed 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret complex data and information; use math and mathematical reasoning; analyze and solve problems; learn and apply new information; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions; interact with managers, staff, customers, vendors, suppliers and others encountered in the course of work.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
Arcata Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.