Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform logistics element analyses and studies.
2. Review reports, technical papers, drawings, specifications, procedures, etc. and generate reports.
3. Perform physical inventorying, cataloging, warehousing, material/property control coordination, and data entry in support of various supply activities.
4. Monitor others who maintain government furnished or commercial purchase property to ensure it is being accounted for properly in accordance with Navy, FAR and JT4 CLR procedures.
5. Perform and assist others with the entry of logistics and maintenance support data and documents in computer databases (predominately MAXIMO).
6. Ensure property control procedures reflect current processes. Submit changes to the Logistics Supervisor for review.
7. Assist the property administrator in conducting physical inventories, resolving disparities and data entries.
9. Manage and control property in accordance with FAR 45 requirements.
10. Maintain material visibility, shortage analysis, and take appropriate actions to minimize impacts throughout the life of the program.
11. Prepare and provide status and data reports, charts and graphs as required.
12. Conduct issues, TINs and transfers of all property assigned.
13. Attend Project Management Meetings as representative of Logistics.
14. Maintain records of all Contractor operated vehicles (Insurance, registrations, assignments…)
15. Maintain leasing agreements and monitor mileage reports.
16. Create and maintain MAXIMO records for all Contract vehicles
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE):
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Logistics or related field and 5 years of work experience or a combination of formal education and 9 years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
Must possess a thorough knowledge of Navy Supply Policies and Procedures.
CPPS or higher certification from NPMA Certified Professional Property.
Ability to train non-Logistics personnel on Navy property requirements;
Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workloads;
Ability to work with minimum supervision;
Ability to operate a computer with speed and accuracy and extract accurate data;
Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with customers.
Use Proper English grammar, usage, spelling and punctuation; Modern business office procedures, including filing systems and business correspondence.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 50 pounds, constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills, be able to work under deadlines, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The incumbent must be able to work duty days in excess of eight hours and perform shift and weekend work to meet required schedule demands. This position may require travel.
Licenses or Certifications Required:
Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Have a valid CA state issued driver’s license.
Arcata Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.